Friday, February 8, 2013

My tech talks

I have spoken in international conferences with various topics of my interest like (Learning Management System, Localization, e-governance projects, Multilingual Search etc)

1) I recently submitted a paper regarding tamil E-learning system for a conference in India( TI 2012 organized by Infitt). Below is the link.
Kalvi: An Adaptive mLearning System 
2) When I was working in Red hat I spoke in in Gnunify event where I got an opportunity to share stage with technical evanglisits like Mr. Brian Behlendorf Co-Founder, Apache Software Foundation, Ms. Danese Cooper Chief Open Source Evangelist, Sun Microsystems Mr. David Axmark ,Co-founder,MySQL (Screen Shot attached). I spoke about how to take a new language and localize it for all opensource products.

3)Spoken in international conference at India(TI 2003) regarding e-governance(I designed and developed e-governance project for registration department)
www.infitt.org/ti2003/papers/58_jayara.pdf

4)While i was working on language computing projects as my hobby projects, I realized that for tamil there are several encoding standards and practices used by various online magazines as well as internet groups. No one is willing to accept one single unified encoding and having hesitation to migrate to Unicode  I always feel that content in internet is knowledge wealth. It should be searchable. Using various encoding and fonts will not help in fetching correct result. I used to recommend Unicode encoding as a standard and migrated one of big language portal to Unicode encoding. Also presented a paper at international conference in Malaysia(TI 2001) about on the fly encoding converter and robust search engine.
Below the link of that tech talk.
www.infitt.org/ti2001/papers/jayaradha.pdf
My dream of using those contents which are already in web never came true. We all started using Unicode and forgot about the contents which were in 8 bit encoding. But still there are lot of contents which are not searchable are staying in the web. 

5) Spoken in several colleges (Anna University, MOP Vaizhnava College etc...) about open source localization projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment